Wednesday, October 11, 2006

snow!!!!
As I sit and write this post it is snowing!! I know that it won't accumulate on the ground, but still, it is only Oct. 11!!! I don't mind the snow when the calendar says December or January, this is just too soon.

I finished my Socks that Rock socks on Monday night and I will post a picture later. This week has been crazy so far, but tonight after all the church activities, I plan on taking some pictures to put onto this blog. I am working on a baby sweater, so will have that WIP to post also.

Since I named this blog, confessions of a knitting diva, I suppose I should start confessing some things. First of all I hate housework!! I would rather knit or read or scrapbook. Does this make me a bad person? I love being a stay at home mom so I can participate in my kids activites and be home with them when they are sick, ect., but I hate the "housewife" part of my job. There, I said it. Will that make the cleaning and dishes go away? No, but I feel better. The kids are done with school for the week because the teachers have a convention tomorrow and Friday. I will be home, so then I can tackle some of the cleaning. YUCK!!

Second confession, I hate having to watch what I eat and exercise!! I started working out with a personal trainer almost two years ago. I have been pleased with the results, but to be honest, I still don't get that wonderful "rush" you are supposed to get after working out. I have been dealing with a lot of pain in my lower back and SI joint for a few months now, so I am currently not working out. I really don't miss it, but I know that exercise is good for my bone health and heart, and I do want to be a good role model for my kids. There, another confession.

Well, I need to get ready for my 4th graders at church tonight. Hopefully I can post some pictures later. Otherwise, I'll do it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Housewife does not instantly equal "I love house work!!" Just think of the scarry world we would live in if that were true! I never got the "after workout" rush. I always felt sore and crappy, but I would get a slight rush while working out. Eating right is a very tricky thing to do as well, but do-able. Oh, and snow is evil. . . *grrrr!*

Karen said...

Snow already!!! Goodness, I am SO GLAD I don't live where you are. I couldn't take it. As for the confessions, heck, neither of them make you a bad person!! :) I'm one of those weird people who does like to clean . . . but there are plenty of days I want to skip it and read or knit. :)