Friday, August 31, 2007


Minnesota State Fair
This is Shelly and me in the Miracle of Life Building. We actually were there moments after a ewe had given birth to triplets. Amazing.

It was wonderful getting to meet Shelly and her family in person. She is a very sweet and kind woman and I am so glad we were able to work out a time to connect. When we went to the building to see the knitting I was blown away by the blue ribbon winners. The fair isle sweater that I saw was beautiful. The crocheted baby sweater was beautiful as well. We have some very talented knitters in our midst.

Shelly and I had some yummy fair food and that's all I will say about that. :) It would be fun if this could be an annual event. I'm thankful that her hubby was able to leave work a bit earlier than usual and was willing to care for Julie and Sophie for the evening. By the way, the girls are so darn cute. If you read Shelly's blog, then you have seen their pictures. Believe me they are even cuter in person. Thanks, Shelly, for the wonderful time.

Tonight we are going to one of the neighbor's houses for cocktails to jump start the holiday weekend. I don't think we have anything else planned, so I am looking forward to getting some quality knitting time in. Hopefully Tom will take the boys to do something fun for the afternoon tomorrow or Sunday. They have been a challenge this week. In my opinion, summer has been two weeks too long. I see no reason why they can't start school before Labor day. When I taught in Albuquerque, we started around the second week of August and were done the end of May. It seemed to work out just fine. Okay, rant over.

I hope you all have a great long weekend and happy knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wisconsin state law says that schools can't start until after Sept 1. Minnesota schools can't start until after the MN state fair ends Labor day weekend.