Friday, August 03, 2007

FRIENDS AND FIBER

This is the birthday girl, Chris. Isn't she beautiful? I'd say she is 50 and fabulous!

Here are the girls from Yellow Dog Knitting with us at dinner. Left to right: Jaci, Sonya, Chris, Cindi, and Dixie. We all had a good time eating and laughing.

Now for the fiber goodness of the post. Shelly
dyed this Packer yarn for me. I also have some coming from Scout.
I have a lot of fans that could use a nice pair of socks this fall. Knowing myself, I'll want to keep them all for me. I think the skein on the right matches my crocs perfectly. I have a sweater that the skein on the left matches with. Aren't they wonderful? I know if you are a Minnesota fan or a Chicago fan, these are not so wonderful, but for me it is pure bliss to look at them!


















My heart goes out to all those involved in the horrible bridge collapse in Minneapolis. I have a lot of friends and family who frequently cross that bridge on a daily basis. What a terrible thing to have happen. It just makes me wonder why things like this happen.

Patrick has a ball tournament this weekend and I go pick up Maggie from camp tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see her. It's been a long week for me, but with the weekend coming up, Tom will be around more to help with the boys.

I'm working away at the crocheted sweater and enjoying it. Packer socks are coming along, so hope to have some good pictures to share in a few days. Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Well, I am a Vikings fan and actually found some fun purple/gold yarn to make socks for myself. I secretly also like the Packers tho! (Don't tell my boys, tho.. they say I can't like BOTH teams! Sigh!) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll fondle some yarn for you!! ;-)