Saturday, August 18, 2007

I survived!!

The birthday party is over. The rain just kept going all day but the girls did end up going swimming and they all seemed to enjoy themselves. Thank goodness for heated pools. Some of them decided to have a food fight in the basement. I was not happy at all about that. Maggie and two of her friend's picked it up and all is okay now. I didn't expect that from 13 year old girls. The tie-dyeing went very well and my kitchen survived.(we couldn't go outside because of the rain.) It is a lot to do with 23 kids but it was fun and they were all happy when they went home. Maggie decided it is easier to go to parties than host them. I'm glad, so I'm off the hook for anymore parties. Next year a few friends and that's it.

I'm exhausted so I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

Call me Scrooge, but I'm glad to be past that stage. We got to the point where we gave the kids a choice - a party or use the money toward a bigger gift. They always chose the gift. I'll have to ask them if they felt cheated. If they did, you think I would have heard about it by now ;)
Li