Thursday, August 02, 2007

Happy Birthday, Chris!!

Today is my best friend's 50th birthday!! I wish I could spend the whole day with her, but it's not in the cards. The boys have been a handful this week. I don't intend for this blog to be a place to whine about my kids, but man this has probably been one of the hardest weeks of parenting for me. I know we have spoiled the boys, so we are going to step back and re-evaluate things. For now they will not have tv's in their rooms any more. I know it was a mistake to begin with, and now we are taking care of that. I will not be buying anymore junk food, no matter how much they bug me. It just makes the behavior worse. Okay, ranting done.

I am taking them with me down to YDK
to help Chris pick out some yarn to make a sweater. They can just sit and be quite while I do this. How is that for punishment for three boys, ages 14, 11, and 10?

Pictures will follow later today. The girls from the Yellow Dog and I took Chris out for dinner on Tuesday to celebrate. It was very fun and we had a lot of laughter.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Yay for pictures!

I hope the boys are doing better and things have settled down.