Tuesday, December 19, 2006
GOOD BYE MY FRIEND.....We had to put Mel to sleep today. We found out he had Lymphoma and that there wasn't anything we could do. He also had a clotting disorder that we didn't know about, and he was bleeding into his lungs. My words cannot express how sad we all are. We had him almost five years, not long enough. He was a very funny and naughty dog, but we loved him so very much. If you are an animal lover, you will understand that he was one of the family. He survived eating chocolate many times, got into rat poison in April and survived, and was kicked in the head by a deer in May and survived. I guess he had tempted the fates one too many times. We have wonderful memories of him and know that yes, life goes on. My bed will feel a bit more empty tonight. I still have Kipper and the cats, but Mel liked to cuddle and sleep under the covers when it was cold. I will miss this dog so much.