Monday, December 29, 2008

Not a creature was stirring...not even a mouse!

Well, we had two little creatures stirring around our house!!! Ahhh, when we opened the silverware drawer on Christmas morning there were mouse droppings! Ick!!! All the silverware was put into the dishwasher and we sterilized the drawer. We put traps into several of the kitchen drawers and lo and behold yesterday morning Tom had two mice in a trap in the silverware drawer. Nasty!!! We have a rule about not eating anywhere but the kitchen because we don't want to attract any rodents. Well, as Grant pointed out, it doesn't do much good to have that rule since the mice were in the kitchen!! Teenagers! The rule still exists!

I started working on a pair of socks yesterday and have both toes done. I am now going to put them onto one 40" circular needle so I can finish them at the same time. I need to make myself do this more often, then I wouldn't suffer from second sock syndrome. I still have four socks that need mates. I am also starting a Clapotis on January 1. I joined a KAL on Ravelry.

I'll post a picture of the socks after my swap partner gets them. I don't know if she reads my blog or not, but just in case she does, I don't want to spoil the surprise. Need to go finish dinner. Happy knitting!!

No comments: