Sunday, March 16, 2008

1000 Knitters...

Yesterday at Yellow Dog Knitting I had my picture taken by Franklin Habit for his book project to photograph 1000 knitters. It was very nice to meet him. He is so friendly and I wasn't nervous at all. I was the first one for the day and I'm not sure what number I was exactly. I believe he photographed approx. 50 knitters yesterday. Our local newspaper even wrote an article about the event. Knitters rule! Go read Franklin's blog. It is wonderful.

In the afternoon I went up to Woodbury for a gathering of my high school friends. We have been having a Christmas party every year since our senior year. It has been hard to gather in December, so in the past five years or so, it has been in January. Well, somehow we didn't get our acts together and found ourselves gathering in March this year. There are about 25 or so of us, but only 13 were able to attend yesterday. It was so much fun catching up with everyone. Most of us have children and the ages range from 25 to 3 1/2. One of my friend's is planning her daughter's wedding. I think this is the first wedding for our group. So far no one is a grandma. Ugh! I can't believe I even wrote that. Am I really old enough to have high school friend's who could be grandmas. Scary!! We stayed up until 3:00 a.m talking and laughing. I had to take a nap this afternoon! :)

Tomorrow the kids and I head out for our mini-vacation to the Mall of America. I am looking forward to it and so are the kids. Happy knitting!!!

No comments: