SECRET PAL 10 QUESTIONNAIRE
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
wool, bamboo, non itchy fiber, I hate acrylic
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a case similar to a CD case for my needles
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for 13 years. A friend taught me how to knit starting with dishcloths. I would consider myself advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? cinnamon
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Of course, I love chocolate and Haribo Gummy Bears
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I also read and scrapbook, I don't spin
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love country music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Red is my favorite color, but I like fall colors too, rust, brown, greens, gold, purples, blues.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I have a husband, three kids, two dogs, and two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats, mittens, no ponchos!!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit socks and mittens.
13. What are you knitting right now? W0rking on some socks
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I usually use Addi turbo circulars for most of my projects.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, got these for this past Christmas
17. How old is your oldest UFO? A cabled vest, 11 months old!
18. What is your favorite holiday? I love Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Well, it would be yarn and scrapbooking supplies!!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I just subscribed to Interweave Knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Entrelac(not sure if I spelled it right!)
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, US woman size 8
23. When is your birthday? June 3
Okay, so I don't have any pictures of knitting to post. I did manage to finish the pair of felted mittens for Maggie's friend and her mom felted them. She is going to send me a picture to post. I am almost finished with my Karen's Sugar-Free socks, so hopefully I can post those in the next few days. I have been a bad blogger, but somehow my knitting mojo just isn't around. I still get pretty tired most days. I look forward to feeling normal again. It has been 4 1/2 weeks since my surgery. I really thought I would have more energy than I do. The weather is terrible and that doesn't help. I think I will just keep on working on socks for now. I did finish a baby sweater that I started last fall. After I had to rip out the sleeve because of a wrong dye lot, I put it away. The girls are getting bigger, and I think it will fit them soon. I have to start the other one, so maybe this weekend that will be my goal. Hope this finds you all well!! Happy knitting!!