Monday, March 26, 2007

It's Spring!!!

The weather has been beautiful! Yesterday it was in the upper 70's. Today it is also going to be warm! I went to St. Paul, MN yesterday to check out a yarn shop called The Yarnery. It was worth the trip. I got some bamboo double points for my friend Chris, some Cascade 220 to make felted slippers for my hubby, a sock book, Knitting Vintage Socks, by Nancy Bush, and of course some Koigu sock yarn!! Maggie went with me and after the knitting store we met my niece, Joanna, for lunch. She had a birthday on March 22, and I didn't call her!! What a bad auntie I was!! We all had a nice lunch and it was good to see her. I hadn't seen her since Christmas.

Maggie and I then went to Woodbury Lakes to shop for clothes on our way home. We are going to NYC the end of April, and I needed some dressy clothes. The tornado sirens went off while we were there!! No one seemed too concerned, so after Maggie tried on some clothes we went to my sister's house in Hudson to wait out the storm. Nothing serious even happened near us. We got home around 8:00. I really needed a change of scenery and just to get out of the house. It has been a long winter!!

Today Todd and I have been on two walks already!! He loves being outside. We will probably train him for the invisible fence in the next few weeks. He just came into the room with a shoe!! Gotta go!! Happy knitting!

No comments: