Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sock Wars

My assassin isn't participating in sock wars, so I contacted her assassin. That assassin stopped knitting because her assassin sent her socks but she hasn't received them yet. I emailed my new assassin and told her that she needs to send the partially knitted socks on to her assassin. Does this make sense to anyone???!!! I just want some socks out of the deal!! I don't care if I die!! I want my socks!! Boy, I sound greedy!!

Confession time: I don't want my kids to grow up!! Here is the reason: It is scary!! I let Miss Maggie go trick or treating last night with a friend. It wasn't in my neighborhood, but one that I know a lot of people who live there. It was just scary letting her go out at night without me. I had talked to her about staying with the group, what roads she couldn't go beyond, etc., but I was terrified. SHE DID AWESOME!! She told me that the group crossed one of the streets that she was told not to, and she told them all "My mom said I can't cross Rudolph Road." She didn't cave into peer pressure and she was with some high school kids (brother and cousins to her friend). I was very proud of her. She went to one of my friend's houses to warm up and wait for the group. I was so glad when she called me to come pick her up. I hadn't seen her since 7:20 a.m. when I dropped her off at school. This whole letting go and letting them grow up sucks!! I know I need to let her go and trust her to make decisions, but at the same time I want to keep her with me forever!!

This is a knitting blog, right?!! Sorry!! I did finish Maggie's mittens in time for her to wear them last night and she loved them. I'll post a picture tomorrow!! I'm getting a new knitting bag that I'll show too!! Happy knitting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could still trick or treat, but they would call the cops on a 32 year old trick or treater I'm sure. . . Jaci, never did recieve an e-mail from you! sarah.rohow@gmail.com is where I'm at! Not sure what happend to your first one. See you tomorrow at the dog? friday? :D