Friday, January 23, 2009

Work in progress....

Here is my Clapotis is progress. I love the yarn I'm using, but I'm not really enjoying the knitting of this. I'll keep on working on it because I do love how the finished project looks.Tom and I went to Frost/Nixon tonight. It was pretty good, but Gran Torino was much better. I have vague memories of the whole Watergate stuff and the David Frost interview. I wasn't much into politics then. I couldn't help but make the comparisson of Nixon's actions in Cambodia with what George Bush did in Iraq with the "weapons of mass distruction". Maybe in 30 years someone will make a movie out of it.

I also got a neat gift today, my friend who works at Starbucks got me one of the wreaths that was hanging in Starbucks during Christmas. If you didn't go to Starbucks during the Christmas season, you may not know that the decorations were yarn related. I was sad to find out that the decorations were thrown out after Christmas!!! I would have driven to the four Starbucks in EC and picked up the decorations. I know I could have found homes for the stuff with my fiber friends. What a waste! Anyway, here is my wreath:
Maggie set me up with Facebook. It's been fun, yet another time suck. I will admit it has been fun reconnecting with some friends from high school. It appears that some people haven't changed much at all. I wish I could say the same. Oh well, that's life. I need to get to bed.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Lucky you! I can't believe they throw them out. There's a Starbucks at the bottom of my escalator at work! I was so close...

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

The yarn for your Clapotis is beautiful. I love the wreath. Hopefully other Starbucks' employees gave theirs away too. I'll have to keep that in mind next holiday season !!!

Beverly said...

we saw gran torino last thursday. cried at the 'you know what' part.
laughed at the granddaughter's face.
that was a good movie.

i read your post on caroline's blog about the ugly knitter - girl, get that sweater out and finish it - that's your best revenge against an ugly knitter is making a beautiful thing that blots the ugly out!