Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sadie Lynn 2007-2009

Friday morning we had to make the hard decision to put Sadie to sleep. She had been peeing in the family room and basement for the past two months. We put her on medication and added two additional litter boxes around the house. We had to try several rounds of different medications but she was still not using the litter boxes 100% of the time. I am so sad. We have had to put three pets down since December of 2006. I just can't do this again. I'm happy we have the two dogs and one cat and I'm not going to go to the pound again anytime soon. This just breaks my heart. I wish I could save every animal at the Humane Association, but I can't. My kids are doing much better than I am. Grant was especially close to Sadie but he seems to be okay. I hate being a grown up sometimes.

3 comments:

A :-) said...

Jaci - I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. I'm really sorry :-(

Radioactive Tori said...

I am so sorry for your loss. A few months ago, I wouldn't have fully understood. Now that we have our puppy I get it. I am so sorry.

Life's a Stitch said...

Hope Sadie's spirit and good memories see you through the sad times.