Sunday, February 03, 2008

Anger

I am in the angry stage of grief. I'm not mad at God or anyone, I'm just angry that Gracie is gone. I miss her. Thank you to my friends who have called, sent cards, and wonderful comments on my blog. I appreciate all of your kindness.

Tom has been gone to a manager's meeting in California since Thursday so I've been single parenting it. The time has gone fast and the kids have been pretty good. Tom will be home between 3:30 and 4:00. Just in time to settle in to watch the Super Bowl.

Maggie and I had some blood work done to check for food and chemical sensitivities. We can no longer have cow's milk, goat's milk, cane sugar, yeast, wheat, broccoli, and a lot of others. I can't have saccharine or aspartame, either. I've found Agave nectar and it seems to work okay in my cup of tea. I've tried to start drinking rice milk. It will take some getting used to, but I can do it. Maggie is having a harder time. She's a teenager and doesn't want to give up pizza, pop, junk food. This was her last weekend for a lot of that. She went to a sleepover both Friday and Saturday nights. My mission is to find a cook book to help me figure out what she can take to school for lunch. She also had a severe reaction to chlorine, so she needs to stop drinking city water. Thank goodness we have well water here at home. Just a new adventure in my job as mother.

I've done a gauge swatch for my Hanne Falkenberg Diva sweater and am working on another. I want to be sure I get right on gauge so the sweater fits and looks nice. It was a lot to spend on a sweater, but I really like the looks of it.

Off to go to the store and get some food ready for the Big game. I am hoping the Giants win. I just think the Patriots are a bit too full of themselves. (And they cheated in the beginning of the season)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor kitty! We drink rice milk. My kids are sensitive to milk, and I found I like it better. Can't wait to see pics of your Hanne Falkenberg. Someday I'll knit one--someday!

MsKnottyKnits said...

I can't even tell you how much I adore the Diva sweater! I just came across it today and think it's divine and one day I hope I save up enough pennies to get the kit! I'll be interested to see how it turns out!