Sunday, April 12, 2009

Healing....

My BIL and nephew are here for the weekend. It is so nice spending time with them. We have had a lot of fun and talked quite a bit about my SIL. She is at peace now and we all know that. We miss her and her absence is felt by us all. I'm so thankful she was part of our lives, even for such a short time. She married my husband's brother four months before I married Tom. We were the "newbies" in the family. Seventeen years may sound like a long time, but really it isn't now that I think about it. I would have enjoyed many more years of making memories with her.

The craziness of the alcoholism wasn't fun at times, I need to admit that. It wasn't all good memories. I do miss her and wish she was here today to help cook Easter dinner. She was a fabulous chef! She taught me quite a bit about cooking and for that I am grateful. I'm trying my best to have a nice dinner for her husband and son, as well as my family.

I'm off to make a cake for our dessert. The sweet potatoes and regular potatoes are in the oven baking. Tom is going to cook the turkey on the grill. It is our first time doing this, so I hope it turns out. I also have a small ham to bake. Happy Easter and Happy knitting!

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Sounds like an emotional holiday, hope it's all good memories. Turkey on the grill sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Just got back in town and was saddened to read the news about your SIL. Find comfort in your family and friends. Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. Jane